As a first-time jet ski owner, there are a few accessories that you may want to consider purchasing to enhance your enjoyment of your jet ski and ensure your safety on the water. Some of the most essential accessories to consider include:
Accessories for the first-time jet ski owner
1. Life jackets: It’s essential that you and any passengers wear properly fitting life jackets while operating a jet ski.
One of the top rated life jackets is the O’Brien Men’s Flex
- Comfort fit – v-back stretch panel allows the life jacket to wrap around and mold to your body for a more custom fit, Ideal life jacket for a variety of body types; features segmented panels with multiple hinge points for comfort and mobility
- Bio lite construction – Neoprene alternative that is soft, lightweight, breathable and eco-conscious
- Zip closure with 2 concealed, adjustable belts for security
- PW lanyard attachment ring
- Harmonized U. S. Coast guard and Transport Canada Approved life jacket
2. Wet suits or dry suits: If you plan to ride in colder water or during cooler weather, a wet suit or dry suit can help keep you warm and comfortable.
One of the top-rated wet suits is:
- Neoprene Rubber
- Zipper closure
- Ideal Entry Level Value Driven Wetsuit; Perfect For Surfing, Diving, Paddle Sports, Lake Activities, And Beach Days
- Backzip System Provides Easy Entry And Exit With A Water Resistant Closure
- Ultra Stretch Neoprene: Incredibly Soft Premium Material Has Superior Feel, Flexibility, And Elevates Performance
- Seamless Paddle Zones’ Flexible Design Utilizes Minimal Seam Placement For Comfort And Maximum Mobility
3. A tow rope: A tow rope can be useful for towing other watercraft or being towed back to shore if your jet ski breaks down or runs out of gas.
One of the top-rated is the Wow World of Watersports Tow Rope
- Bungee Tube Rope Extension attaches between your boat’s tow point and the tube tow rope
- Riders experience brief surges of speed as the bungee stretches and contracts
- Reduces wear and tear
4. A cover: A cover can help protect your jet ski from the elements when it’s not in use.
One of the top-rated is the Super Heavy-Duty PWC 600D Jet SKI
- Heavy-Duty PWC Cover
- The best, heavy-duty, multi-purpose cover choice for travel, storage, on a lift, or when mooring in the water. Designed for indoor and outdoor protection and long-distance/highway travel. Easy to apply, easy to clean. Perfect watercraft protection for your investment from dust, debris, weather, and other elements.
- 600 Denier Marine-Grade Woven Polyester Material Canvas with Urethane coating to resist almost any weather conditions. Highly breathable. Heavy-Duty, strong, and durable. Black and Gray/Grey design.
- Features a heavy-duty, elastic shock cord encased in the hem to keep the cover snug to the jetski or PWC. Three trailering straps can be used for added security. Rear Air Vents to reduce moisture under the cover during storage and prevent wind lofting during travel. Dual gas tank access flaps. Semi-Custom wrap.
- Includes Bonus Gear / Accessories: Convenient Storage Bag; Free Digital Copy of SBU Care & Cleaning Guide. 2 Year Warranty.
5. A fire extinguisher: It’s a good idea to keep a fire extinguisher on board your jet ski in case of an emergency.
One of the top-rated is the Kidde 21028230 Fire Extinguisher PWC Mariner.
- Built to provide optimal safety options
- Quick and easy to use
- Follow manufacturer recommendations to ensure proper utilization of fire extinguishers.
- Creates a sense of safety and peace of mind
6. A first aid kit: A first aid kit can be helpful for treating minor injuries or emergencies while on the water.
One of the top-rated is the WELL-STRONG Waterproof First Aid Kit.
- WATERPROOF FIRST AID KIT: This kit with a roll-top closure design can keep the inner items dry so that you can take it to wet places or do some water sports like boating, fishing kayaking except for underwater activities. The insert buckle and D buckle make this kit easy to be hung on your backpack.
- VARIOUS FIRST AID ITEMS: This first aid kit have most of the needed first aid supplies. It can help you deal with unexpected situations during outdoor activities. These first aid items are all in a foldable kit so that you can have an easy fetch.
- LONG-LASTING BAG: The bags are made of waterproof material, using hot-pressing technology to put them together. It has a 2-liter capacity, is compact enough to be put in your backpack, and won’t take up too much space. You can also use it as a small bucket.
- BE ASSURED USE: All first aid supplies are manufactured from modern approved facilities, which won’t let you down, and we will deal with any questions about this product from you ASAP.
It’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with the owner’s manual for your jet ski and to follow all relevant laws and regulations when operating your jet ski.