Today, let’s look at the Aftermarket Assassins intake tubing install.
I will say this was my most challenging install yet. This was a difficult install between losing a nut that took some time to find, reattaching the fuel line, and a few other issues. The intake tubing system from Aftermarket Assassins is well built and does fit nicely. The boots can be a struggle, so make sure you use blent of lube as the instructions say. This is a much better setup than stock. I would defiantly recommend also upgrading the intake tube.
He is what was included for the Aftermarket Assassins Intake Tubing Install
High Flow Charge Tube
- The factory charge tube is made from cheap plastic, is very small, and bottle necks in the middle. Whenever you bottleneck air, it makes that air hotter which is a huge problem when turning up the boost. We see much cooler charge air temps when data logging with our charge tube vs the factory one.
- This charge tube fits all 2016-2022 RZR XP Turbo Models, Turbo S 72″ Models, & 2020-22 RZR Pro XP/Turbo R
- Larger volume greatly reduces heat buildup in the charge tube for more consistent performance
- Must-have for anyone running 18+ PSI of boost as the factory tube will burst above this
- Charge tube will not fail like the cheap factory plastic one
- Charge tube diameter is 2.25″
- Aluminum dissipates heat and flows better than plastic or silicone
- Bead rolled ends to hold even under high boost pressures
- Much better sealing with high quality silicone couplers and T clamps
- Side map sensor location allows better fitment of the sensor under the bed
- Mounts easily and nicely in the factory location
- We highly recommend this for anyone running our tunes, especially Level 3 & higher
- Made at the AA Facility in the USA
- See instructions HERE
- 2016-2022 RZR XP Turbo Models, Turbo S 72″ Models Part number: 112-1005
- 2020-22 RZR Pro XP Turbo Part Number: 112-1005-PXP
Airbox to Turbo High Flow Intake Tube
- Fits 2020-22 Pro XP/Turbo R 2 & 4 Seat Models
- Great for those running just the Level 1-3 tunes. While we’d suggest the catch can version of this on any level, those running higher tunes really should have the intake tube with the integrated catch can.
- High flow intake tube replaces the factory cheesy tube to create less resistance and better airflow
- More air volume on tap at the turbocharger for quicker spool
- 1/8″ barb installed on the intake tube for your factory boost controller bleed hose. This fixes the issue with the bleed hose becoming clogged with dirt/mud/sand and not working properly.
- Better seal than the factory tube with nice silicone couplers
- High quality TIG welded aluminum tube with bead rolled edges
- Made at the AA facility in the USA
- See instructions HERE
- Part number: 112-1022
Aluminum Blow Off Valve
- Fits 2016-21 XP Turbo Models Including Turbo S & 2020-2022 Pro XP
- Assembled in the USA! Many competitors may offer other BOV’s that look similar, but we hand build each one here at AA to make sure they hold up to off road abuse, and last as long as possible.
- Every RZR Turbo should have this blow off valve! The stock BOV (Often called a diverter valve) is made of plastic and is known to warp. Warping can cause this to leak boost pressure which means a loss in horsepower. This happens especially on higher boost machines, but also can happen with stock boost levels. We set this BOV up just for the XP turbo to make sure no boost is leaked on higher boost machines, and that the valve blows off under lower boost pressure.
- Will not warp like the plastic factory BOV
- Prevents boost pressure and horsepower loss
- Made from billet aluminum
- Anodized black
- Metal seal (no O-ring) ensures proper seal and no boost leak like cheaper valves
- Set up & extensively tested to have the correct spring pressure and pop off pressure for the XPT
- Switch between that blow off valve sound and stock sound in just minutes
- Optional high quality filter available for those wanting to run this open as a blow off valve. This filter is not necessary as positive pressure only comes out of the valve, but it is a peace of mind that you are keeping every spec of dirt out.
- Our valves are purchased as parts and we assemble them here with modifications. You may see others offering similar valves, but they are not created equal!
- Installs easily just like factory (Cut off the factory clamps, remove the factory valve, Install the new valve & clamps, tighten clamps)
- Wanting that BOV sound? You can easily plug your hose returning the valve to the intake tube with a 1″ plug which is supplied. This will give you that sound and allow you to switch back to the factory “diverter valve” routing if riding in muddy/wet conditions.
- Why use this style instead of a true blow off valve? Well…. they do the exact same thing. For off road, the diverter valve is much more sheltered from dirt and debris as it only has 1 exit port. Traditional blow off valves have many ports, and are much more likely to get dirt inside of them. This valve also sounds the same as a traditional blow off valve.
- Image clarification: BOV filter is now the carbon fiber looking filter, not the red one.
- See instructions HERE
- Part number: 112-1002
You can find more information about Aftermarket Assassins and everything they offer HERE.
Be sure to check out our other Stories and everything SXS Nation has to offer.
Subscribe to our blog.
[email-posts-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]